Monday 12 October 2015

Dear Cancer,

Dear Cancer,
I've never liked you, and neither has anybody else. I never asked for you to come into my life, yet here you are. You've frightened me, my family and my friends, and have placed an element of uncertainty in the back of my mind for the rest of my life. I can never be complacent again.
The last 6 months have been terrible, but you are more than welcome to them if it means I can have the rest of my life. You made me have to stop my studies (for now!) and gave me multiple trips to the hospital. You made me base my day around when to fit in the 40 tablets I needed to make me feel a little more human. Some of these tablets made me angry, depressed, and are believed to have contributed to my first seizure - but it's your fault not theirs. They are the good guys, you are not.
You took my hair, my figure and my confidence, but you will not take my personality - I refuse to let you take away who I am. I am still me after all of this, and I am proud. Although it is not official that you have left me (yet) I feel like you have. I know there is a chance in the future that you might visit me again, but I will be up for the punch up again if needed.
That doesn't mean you have the right to now go and bother someone else, but no doubt you will. I hope that soon a generation won't know what you are, but for now we will continue to will you away.
From Just Another Person You Chose To Affect

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I realise I maybe slightly biased but that is truly amazing. you are my hero and I am so proud of you xxx

    ReplyDelete